[Tagging] Route sorting

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 23:14:26 UTC 2019

On 16/08/19 07:25, marc marc wrote:
> Le 15.08.19 à 19:40, Martin Koppenhoefer a écrit :
>> why would you not do it for roundabouts?
> when we split a building in several parts, we keep one building=*
> and use several building:part
>
> for roundabouts, the tag is the same. for the whole roundabouts and for
> part of it.
> So spliting one roundabout into many produce many junction=roundabouts,
> despite it's only one roundabouts.

If it is split then that may cause problems for a router if you enter one one split section, say the middle of it, and lave on the other split section???

I can hear it now "Enter roundabout" .. done proceeding ... "Enter Roundabout" (for the second section) ... what??? what roundabout I'm already in the roundabout.. Exit on the second exit" .. but I've gone past the second exit since I entered (not realising that the router is taking about the second section of the roundabout)...

I leave roundabouts as one circle. The routers will have to cope with it.