[Tagging] How to distinguish public and private offices?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 23:46:44 UTC 2019

On 16/08/19 04:08, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:

> 15 Aug 2019, 14:36 by andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com:
>

>     On Thu, 15 Aug 2019 at 07:32, Mateusz Konieczny
>     <matkoniecz at tutanota.com <mailto:matkoniecz at tutanota.com>> wrote:
>
>         Unfortunately many office=* tags represent something that is
>         accessible - for example
>         office=insurance is used far more often than shop=insurance
>         (what is causing throuble
>         as there are
>
>         - actual offices of companies without public access
>

>     That would be office=insurance
>

>         - places where one may sign up for insurance services
>

>     That would be shop=insurance
>
> And in real tagging office=insurance is used for both (I use
> shop=insurance but
> I am in a minority).

I use shop=* for physical items and office=* for services such as
insurance, travel agents etc. I think that follow the wiki. I note that
both office and shop did not come through the tagging list.

For non public assess then access=private/members?

Examples .. costco requires membership so shop=wholesale, name=costco,
access=members? There is a key membership=yes that looks to be the same
thing?

(The key membership has status defacto, <300 uses, from March 2018)