[Tagging] Merging tagging scheme on wiki pages of Hiking, route=hiking, route=foot and Walking routes

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 00:50:21 UTC 2019

On 17/08/19 03:55, s8evq wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Aug 2019 20:37:56 +0900, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The key "educational" has only been used 25 times, mainly
>> "educational=yes", and does not have a wiki page, so it would be best
>> to remove it from the route pages.
>>
> That's OK for me. Anybody who's againt removing it from the the tagging scheme?

It is obviously something mappers want to indicate. If it has no documentation then it will get used in lots of different ways .. not all of them that useful.
As this is the only documentation for it I think OSM would loose information from its removal.

route:educational=yes could be a better tag?
I prefer trying to make good tags that people can use, even of the use is low, as good tags are better than poor tags.