[Tagging] key educational

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 02:56:45 UTC 2019

On 17/08/19 11:58, Joseph Eisenberg wrote:
> It is better to document the meaning of a property tag at its own wiki
> page, so tools like Taginfo can make use of the description, but a tag
> used only a handful of times does not need to be added to major
> feature pages without discussion.
>
> I’ve made a page for key:educational now, so it will  be documented,
> since it’s been added to 17 routes in the past 14 months.

Best to give a link to the page. Too new to find it yet.

I think the key:educational maybe better used later for schools,
colleges, cram schools etc.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:board_type

I think the above wiki page gives some better information on values
rather than 'yes'.

e.g.
route:educational=nature/plants/geology/geography/sight/astronomy/wildlife/language/cultural
might be better values..

Personally I'd use the description key as that already exists and is
adaptable to any route.