[Tagging] Keys to which new values can be added without a proposal: craft=, shop=, building=, office=, sport=?

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 11:59:26 UTC 2019

On Sat, 17 Aug 2019 at 12:53, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>
wrote:

That is, should wiki users and mappers feel free to add any newly
> documented values of craft=, shop=, building=, office=, and sport= to
> the Map Features wiki page, and the Key page (eg Key:office,
> Key:craft), or should this always be discussed first?

If we allow anyone to add values to the wiki without discussion then we can
end up
with bad values being documented and used.  If we restrict the addition of
values to
the wiki we can end up with bad values being used and with good values being
undocumented and often misused.

I don't see a good solution to this.  I hope that's because of intellectual
limitations
on my part.

--
Paul