[Tagging] Keys to which new values can be added without a proposal: craft=, shop=, building=, office=, sport=?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 12:25:33 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 17. Aug 2019, at 13:22, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> But also no need not to map them should the
> owners wish.

you have mentioned the owner’s wishes already yesterday, but I wasn’t aware we had a requirement that the owners must tolerate having their property mapped. So far I thought the only strict requirement was that the thing is verifiably there. I guess there are a number of cases where we are mapping things that the owners would not want to have mapped (e.g. military areas, the whole of China, informal/illegal waste dumps, etc.)

Unlike real people, businesses don’t have privacy and should not be able to dictate what we can map and what not.

Cheers Martin