[Tagging] Keys to which new values can be added without a proposal: craft=, shop=, building=, office=, sport=?

ael witwall3 at disroot.org
Mon Aug 19 11:14:45 UTC 2019

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 05:21:22PM +0900, Joseph Eisenberg wrote:
> Interesting!
>
> I remembered a problem with "trade=*" - it's already been used almost
> 5000 times to specify the type of trade goods sold at a shop=trade -
> see https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/trade and
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:shop%3Dtrade

Yes. I invented that tag and have already noted the possible confusion
earlier in this thread.

I have dithered about whether this second usage of "trade" would be
confusing. Just as long as it can be used in a clearly distinct way, and
the documentation clearly notes the other use and indicates how they are
distinguished, I guess it would be OK.

ael