[Tagging] Transclusion (was: Merging Tagging scheme on wiki pages of Hiking, route=hiking, route=foot and Walking routes)

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 11:45:04 UTC 2019

On Mon, 19 Aug 2019 at 12:17, s8evq <s8evq at runbox.com> wrote:

> Perhaps going off topic, but does somebody know how to do this exactly?
> I'm trying to add "{{Tile of the wiki page}}", but it doesn't work.

I've not done it, but see this in the transclusion page:

   - *{{Stochastic processes}}* will transclude from the page
Template:Stochastic
   processes <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Stochastic_processes>
   - *{{:Stochastic processes}}* will transclude from the page Stochastic
   processes <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stochastic_processes> (an
   article, in the Main namespace)
   - *{{WP:Assume good faith}}* will transclude from the page Wikipedia:Assume
   good faith <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Assume_good_faith>

So it looks like you need to use {{:Title of the wiki page}} unless it's in
the Template namespace.
And since the thing you're trying to transclude is what the wiki calls a
template (it's not
a stand-alone page in its own right), you'd probably be better changing the
name to put it
in the Template namespace and using the syntax {{Title of the wiki page}}
to transclude it.
If the documentation is correct then either way should work, but the second
way is preferred
in this particular case as it's not a stand-alone page.

--
Paul