[Tagging] Livestock=* to specify the livestock animals in a farmyard or meadow?

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 19 13:11:17 UTC 2019

Le 19.08.19 à 13:34, Paul Allen a écrit :
> On Mon, 19 Aug 2019 at 12:16, Warin wrote:
>    I like property tags that can be used anywhere appropriate.
>
> The authors of at least one editor disagree with you there.
> Unless all of the possible
> values are applicable to all objects for which that property is
> appropriate, they won't implement a preset for it.

to use Warin's example, this would mean that the tag height is bad,
because not all height values (including those of hudge building) are
applicable to street cabinets.
The iD team's choice not to filter the context makes the height list not
very useful for street cabinet. do we have to change the tag height into
streetcabinet:height ? and then we also change the tag name to have
building:name ? or simply to find that this choice of editor is not optimal?
josm's team has (it seems to me) made the choice to take into account
the context