[Tagging] Livestock=* to specify the livestock animals in a farmyard or meadow?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 15:41:07 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 19. Aug 2019, at 12:17, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Unfortunately, the key animal=* has also been used for zoo animals
> (see elephant, etc) and some of the values are rare, proposed separate
> features like animal=wellness and animal=cemetery.

I would not see a problem in the animal key being used in zoos and for livestock, as this could still be seen as consistent use. Animal=wellness or cemetery on the other hand follow a different concept (IMHO schemes like this are not favorable, similar to camp_site=toilets etc, because I would prefer schemes where A=B means that B is a kind of A rather than A a context)

Cheers Martin