[Tagging] Roles of route members (was: Merging tagging scheme on wiki pages of Hiking, ...)

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 15:55:15 UTC 2019

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 11:10 AM Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
> And say what you like about Warthogs being ugly, the Fairchild Republic A-10
> Thunderbolt II (aka Warthog) was a very effective war plane, both in kill power and
> survivability.  Please don't make JOSM's UI seem better than it is by comparing it
> to the Warthog.

If we're talking about the aircraft, you're right that the A-10 is an
amazing aircraft; even now, the USAF doesn't have anything that does
its mission nearly as well as it does. (Of course, close air support
isn't nearly glamourous enough for the flyboys. The Army would love to
take over the A-10 or develop a successor, but isn't allowed
fixed-wing aircraft in its ambit.)

If we're talking about the beast, beauty is in the eye of the
beholder. Gentlemen warthogs appear to find lady warthogs quite
attractive, since there seems still to be no shortage of warthog
piglets.
--
73 de ke9tv/2, Kevin