[Tagging] Roles of route members (was: Merging tagging scheme on wiki pages of Hiking, ...)

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 09:46:58 UTC 2019

That is exactly what I described: you have a route i.e. a chain of ways to
follow. But OsmAnd cannot do that! It can access the route and show it on
the map, but it does not use it for navigation. So you have to first turn
it into a string of points (gpx), losing the connection to the map and the
ways. Then import that into OsmAnd. The OsmAnd combines that with the map
again, to turn the track (list of points) back into a route (list of ways
you began with) for navigation. Am I the only one to find this a bit odd?

Fr gr Peter Elderson