[Tagging] Was public_transport=platform intended to always be combined with highway=bus_stop?

Markus selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 18:01:31 UTC 2019

On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 at 10:11, marc marc <marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Le 21.08.19 à 09:58, Markus a écrit :
> > Otherwise, we need a new relation (maybe type=stop_position?) to
> > connect the stop position to the waiting area
>
> imho that's why stop_area relation exist

According to the wiki, public_transport=stop_area is used "to identify
all of the features associated with a public transport interchange or
part of one. A stop area for a simple bus stop with buses in both
directions would consist of two waiting areas or shelters [...] and
two stop positions [...]. More complex stop areas may include multiple
platforms and stop positions and many associated elements."

In contrast, the relation i had in mind would only include one
highway=bus_stop and one public_transport=stop_position. The relation
and the public_transport=stop_position node would only be used for the
rare cases where the stop position cannot be calculated by projecting
the highway=bus_stop node to the highway=* way.

Markus