[Tagging] bear box in campground ?

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 21:54:43 UTC 2019

Good idea! I agree that amenity=bear_box would be a good way to map
this feature, probably on a node.

This suggests that you could also use bear_box=yes/no with a
tourism=camp_site or tourism=camp_pitch feature to specify whether or
not their is a bear box somewhere at the location.

We should probably add both of these to the proposed list of campsite
property tags at
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Campsite_properties

Joseph