[Tagging] bear box in campground ?

Evan Derickson derickson.e at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 23:26:11 UTC 2019

Bear boxes can be shared among multiple campsites, especially in
backcountry campgrounds. We should also consider that there are other forms
of food protection, such as bear wires and bear poles, that are used in
some campsites. What about tagging with something like
'wildlife_food_protection=yes/no/bear_box/bear_wire/bear_pole'?

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 3:21 PM Rob Savoye <rob at senecass.com> wrote:

> On 8/21/19 4:16 PM, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:
>
> > We don't have that problem!, but are the bear boxes at each individual
> > site / pitch, or is there one / "x" for the entire campground?
>
>   Bear boxes are in every campsite, and hold about a week's worth of
> food. They're big enough you can put in a decent size cooler plus
> supplies A campground sized one would be huge!
>
>         - rob -

Evan Derickson
derickson.e at gmail.com