[Tagging] bear box in campground ?

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 01:06:30 UTC 2019

I've added amenity=bear_box (for the feature) and bear_box=yes (as a
property to add to campsites, caravan sites, camp pitches, etc) to the
proposal at https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Campsite_properties
for now. i

If it turns out to be too controversial I can remove it for a separate
proposal, but I think this is a clear and simple way to tag these
features, since the ideas of tagging similar features that might not
be bear-proof are still hypothetical, and it's fine to use different
tags for different yet similar things.