[Tagging] Parking spaces for car charging

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 14:37:59 UTC 2019

On Sun, 25 Aug 2019 at 15:05, yo paseopor <yopaseopor at gmail.com> wrote:

> amenity=parking_spaces
> capacity=1 or 2 or 3
> access=customers

Nothing I've read states that only customers can use it, or that there is
any time limit imposed.
I think they're assuming that nobody is going to drive there just to charge
their car and hang
around for several hours.  But it's possible.

charging=only

Doesn't fit the access:<role> stuff already defined by the proposal.  And
can be handled, if we
agree on the name for the role, as access=no +
access:<whatever-we-call-it>=yes.  The
proposal doesn't say, but that's how I'd assumed disabled parking is
handled where the space
is only for disabled parking.

Assume there will not be any hgv trying to charge in a supermarket parking
> as they don't park there with or without traffic sign which says that.

Long RVs do park there (this is a tourist area).   And cars towing open-top
trailers of varying lengths
(this is an agricultural area).  And trucks.  I chose HGV there to
illustrate the largest size of
electric vehicle that may appear and may stop off at a supermarket (to buy
sandwiches for
lunch or whatever).  I'm trying to anticipate future needs so we don't
paint ourselves into a
corner and regret it later.  Current plans in the UK are for all motor
vehicles to be electric.
Exceptions will probably be made, but we ought to design our tags around
the possibility
that it will indeed be all motor vehicles.

--
Paul