[Tagging] phone vs contact:phone WAS Re: Multiple tags for one purpose

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 16:02:19 UTC 2019

On Sun, 25 Aug 2019 at 16:46, Colin Smale <colin.smale at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Your model (using only phone=*) only allows an object to have a single
> phone number. How do you propose modelling multiple phone numbers on a
> single object? For example, one for general enquiries, one for emergencies,
> one for staff,...

I've seen this on car dealerships.  One number for the Hyundai franchise,
another for the VW
franchise, another for repairs and a repeat of one of the franchise numbers
for general
enquiries.  Some larger businesses have several numbers for different
purposes rather
than having everything go through a single number.

--
Paul