[Tagging] landcover dune or land form dune

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 03:51:23 UTC 2019

Agreed. I already mentioned this to the user who created the tag on
the page Talk:Tag:landcover=dunes
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Tag:landcover%3Ddunes (note
plural "dunes"); t

There seems to be confusion about what the key "landcover" means,
because recently there have also been pages created for
landcover=water and landcover=hedge as well.

This also brings up the question: is it appropriate to edit pages like
this to mention the more common tags at the top, e.g. natural=dune,
natural=sand? Often other editors are unhappy when I add something
like "Consider using the more common tags natural=dune or
natural=sand" - but if anyone can create a Tag: or Key: page, it seems
important that similar and synonymous tags are mentioned at the top.