[Tagging] phone vs contact:phone

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 14:15:47 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 25. Aug 2019, at 21:48, marc marc <marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> we need to switch all contact to key with contact: prefix
> (pro : a datauser is able to group them without havng to keep
> a hardcoded list of all key (phone, fax, email, web, social network )
> and update to list everytime one user add a new contact)
> OR
> we need to forget this idea of grouping all contacts

I agree it is appealing to have structured keys so you can understand (automatically) the key although you only know part it. It could work for things like social media, (e.g. social:facebook or maybe more generically url:facebook=* ), but IMHO we don’t need this for phone, fax or email.

Cheers Martin