[Tagging] Bicycle kitchens, community centres that offer bicycle repairs etc

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 15:01:00 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 23. Aug 2019, at 09:07, Morten Lange <morten7an at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Could you/someone explain how you can search for objects that form such spatial relationships?

I’m not sure how to do it with publicly available services, but if I’m not misguided, overpass api allows you to do it.

Typically this would be done by people who use a spatial db, e.g. during the rendering of a map, or during the transformation of OpenStreetMap data for a specific application. To do it yourself at home without external services you could import an extract into a PostGIS database, e.g. with osm2pgsql or imposm. You could then issue queries to this db through the command line, or e.g. by attaching layers from it to QGIS (to get adhoc visual output).

The wiki has lots of information on all of these topics, the exact way of doing it depends on what you need it for, and what you feel comfortable with. I would also suggest help.osm.org as this question is offtopic on this list.

Cheers Martin