[Tagging] New proposal draft to simplify the mapping of farm buildings (stables)

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 13:00:28 UTC 2019

On Wed, 28 Aug 2019 at 23:35, Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Aug 2019 at 01:02, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> more happy pigs to be found here (supposedly)
>>> https://www.naturalpigfarming.com/low%20res%2060/IMG_1385.jpg
>>>

>> And that is a pig pen.  But, according to some, also a pig sty.  An
>> enclosure rather than a building.
>>

> This time, I'd go sty, although pen would also be OK.

In common parlance that could be a sty or a pen.  However, I don't think
you'd map it as
building=sty (or even building=pen) because it's not a building.

> The one's I've seen in farmyards have had a rudimentary roof in one
> corner, with the rest being dirt or mud!

The bit of roof could be building=sty (a bit of a stretch, though).  I'd be
tempted to make it
building=roof.  Especially as that's how somebody might map it if seen from
the road but
no pigs were around at the time.

--
Paul