[Tagging] craft VS man_made

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 20:06:56 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 2. Dec 2019, at 19:02, Volker Schmidt <voschix at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Martin, don't overdo this.
> We don't map cafè espresso, cafè espresso macchiato, macchiatone, cappuccino, americano ....
> :-)
> Many of these prosciuttifici produce raw cured ham and smoked raw cured ham and some types of salami.
> If you want you can put that in a list:
> produce=A;B;C

yes, I completely agree we shouldn’t map all the varieties of prepared meat, but the main differences in the production process might merit distinction, like preparation of cured ham/meat vs. cooked ham, as well as the presence of a smoke facility could be interesting topics for subtags and useful outside of Italy as well (I guess cooked ham doesn’t have to mature, while producing cured ham will imply storage space for maturation).

Cheers Martin