[Tagging] Feature Proposal – RFC – notary

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 23:00:35 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 3. Dec 2019, at 21:27, Sebastian Martin Dicke <Sebastianmartindicke at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> I often found offices of lawyers, which are notaries, too, and office
> sharings of lawyers and notaries. To tag this appropriate, I wrote a
> proposal:
>

> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/notary
>

> Definition: Notary services offered by a lawyers office

I’m not an expert in the field, but from some reading it seems notaries public aren’t lawyers (in common law systems) and should be distinguished from civil law notaries? Can someone with more expertise confirm or dismiss?

The wiki about the lawyer key isn’t helpful in defining the actual meaning of the tag: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:lawyer

And this page suggests that the office=notary tag could be seen as equivalent: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:office%3Dnotary

Cheers Martin