[Tagging] Route node roles - was Re: Feature Proposal - RFC - hiking_trail_relation_roles

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 23:30:37 UTC 2019

On 06/12/19 21:23, Andy Townsend wrote:
> On 06/12/2019 10:15, Michael Behrens wrote:
>>
>> There is no unique way to tag roles in hiking route relations
>>
> I'd suggest making it clear that that table is currently for way
> members only - it doesn't mention node members (start, end, marker,
> etc.).  This may be deliberate, or you just haven't expanded it yet,
> but I'd definitely mention node members.

For nodes .. think the roles of ways should be done first, but some
thoughts for later proposal/s.

Are they necessary?

Start and finish points will be at the end of the main route ways ..
should be obvious? No?

Markers .. humm I need some time to think on it.

Well for 'start'/'beginning'/'finish' .. err many routes can be
'started' at either end. So why not use 'end' as that does not identify
it as either start of finish?

Then should 'end' be only used for the main route, or can it be used on
'approaches' and 'excursions' too?