[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - park_drive

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Sun Dec 8 10:31:31 UTC 2019

On 08.12.2019 00:49, Martin Scholtes wrote:

> Am 07.12.2019 um 18:59 schrieb brad:
>> We already have park_ride tag.   I don't see the new tag adding anything?
>
> "park and ride" rather describes the change to public transport and not
> the continuation of driving with others in a private vehicle.

However it is the same concept to reduce the number of individual cars in the city.

Literally it means that you park your own and ride another vehicle,
whether that is a public transport train, a pooled car, an otherwise shared car,
a rental/shared bike, a scooter -- it is all the same concept.

There will be more coming in near future.

Thus it would be helpful and prevent tag fragmentation to group them all
under the established "park and ride" concept
and specify the respective riding facility in subtag.

tom