[Tagging] Route node roles - was Re: Feature Proposal - RFC - hiking_trail_relation_roles

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 22:47:05 UTC 2019

On Sat, Dec 7, 2019 at 12:29 PM Jmapb <jmapb at gmx.com> wrote:
> On 12/7/2019 11:52 AM, s8evq wrote:
> > In my limited experience mapping hiking routes, I have not yet come across any real use for nodes in hiking relations, but I'm curious if other people have good uses.
> > As far as I know, there is also not much documented in the wiki on the topic of nodes in hiking/cycling relations.
> Possibly for checkpoints?

Good idea. In at least some places where I travel, there are
_mandatory_ checkpoints: “No person shall fail to register whenever
passing a trail register established by the department in the Eastern
High Peaks Zone.” (N.Y. Comp. Codes R. & Regs. tit. 6 § 190.13(f)(1)
https://tinyurl.com/sdqfl2d)
--
73 de ke9tv/2, Kevin