[Tagging] Feature proposal - Voting - Telecom distribution point

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 18:33:32 UTC 2019

Hi Jospeh,

Le mar. 10 déc. 2019 à 07:34, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>
a écrit :

> I'm voting "no" because I do not see any discussion of this proposal
> at this mailing list or on the wiki. Has it been discussed somewhere
> else? The definition is not clear to me.

This is unfortunate, RFC lasts for 7 months until now. With several
announcements and questions:
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2019-May/045152.html
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2019-November/049373.html

I regret to only have examples for France and Spain, but I didn't find any
relevant picture for that on Commons and call anyone who want to add his
contribution from the very start of the RFC.
Since no comment raised, I took it as no concerns instead of lack of
consensus.

> The page says this is for mapping a "piece of equipment allowing to
> connect individuals and households to telecom local loops. They are
> often installed in the street, basements or on top of poles." That's a
> vague definition, though perhaps I do not know enough about telecom
> local loops.

No problem with that, the rational and proposal chapter of the document has
been updated.
Basically, it's really simple : the first box in the street your home is
connected on. If you don't find it, don't map it.
There are places where lines go out of homes from the roof and reach the
box on a pole in the street.

> Sorry for voting "no", but I don't think we should "approve" tags
> without discussion and reaching consensus.

Discussion is open since May but no one objected on this feature.
Then the time has come to vote and look for consensus, now.

All the best

François