[Tagging] footway=crossing in detailed tagging

Allroads allroadsworld at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 14:50:17 UTC 2019

>>On 15/12/19 12:30, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
>> Let's say that we have footway mapped separately from the road, road has
>> footways on both sides.
>>
>> Footway has surface=paving_stones, road has surface=asphalt.
>>
>> There is a crossing, made from three ways:
>> - (1) highway=footway surface=paving_stones (for a bit from centerline of
>> sidewalk to the curb)
>> - (2) highway=footway surface=asphalt (for part on the carriageway)
>> - (3) again highway=footway surface=paving_stones for part from curb to
>> the centerline
>>
>> How footway=crossing tag should be applied?
>>
>> To all three or just carriageway surface - (2) segment?

>in my opinion there should be no doubt in assigning only to 2, from kerb to
>kerb.

>Ale

Agree, from kerb to kerb. Is the most correct to do it.
If people draw in (in the future) a area:highway=* inside this area:highway
the surface on the highway and area must be equal.
Because people started to draw in, I liked to see what is drawn in.
(Experimental style)
A image say, give you a hint, much more then a writing.
https://i.postimg.cc/HLxskWqL/crossing.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/ht4K2PP0/crossing2.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/G2wNSqx1/crossing3.jpg

dark red yes is crossing:island=yes