[Tagging] Rail segment in a bike route

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 09:21:44 UTC 2019

Am Mo., 16. Dez. 2019 um 10:02 Uhr schrieb Volker Schmidt <voschix at gmail.com
>:

> Can we come back to talking about a solution.
> Maybe an appropriate new role value could be a solution: role=take_train
> on the corresponding train section in the bicycle route, for example.
> However, this would provide an easy way to add train ride details.

I would add the train route relation as member, rather than the individual
railway ways. If a simple dataconsumer is not aware, it would should a hole
in the bicycle relation (what IMHO is a good way to show that there is
something special, in particular that you cannot simply ride your bike
there), while a data consumer who specifically understands the situation
could give specific directions. I agree a specific role also seems
reasonable (could be extended to ferries, trams, aerialways, etc.)

Cheers
Martin