[Tagging] Roundtrip and closed loop in relations

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 21:59:35 UTC 2019

On 20/12/19 01:16, Francesco Ansanelli wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I have updated the roundtrip page and created the closed loop proposal
> in order to address the misuse of the first tag:
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:roundtrip
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Tag:closed_loop=yes
>
> Please let me know what you think

The word 'round' implies circular. So a 'roundtrip' could be a circular
route that does not go from A to B and back along the same route, it
could go A to B to C and then back to A via D. As such your rewording is
wrong and does not match present use.

Revert your change.

If you want to signify a route that goes from A to B and back along the
same route invent another tag, roundtrip is not it.