[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Small electric vehicles - keys updated
jan at mueschelsoft.de
Sun Dec 22 14:33:31 UTC 2019
Taking the various comments and suggestions into account,
I revised some of the tags proposed and also included electric mopeds
in the proposal.
The current set of tags is:
* electric_bicycle - bicycles with motor assistance
* speed_pedelec - fast electric bicycles, similar to mopeds
* kick_scooter - the 'childrens style' scooter
* small_electric_vehicle - electric scooters (similar to kick scooters),
Segway etc. These refer to a class of vehicles in European (French,
* moped:electric - slow electric motorcycles (EU: up to 25 km/h typically)
* mofa:electric -medium fast electric motorcycles (EU: up to 45 km/h
I hope that this set of tags is able to cope with most existing and
planned regulations and is free of ambiguities.
Please let me know your opinion and further suggestions!
On 10.11.19 18:05, Jan Michel wrote:
> up to now we don't have documented tags for small electric vehicles like
> bicycles and scooters. On the other hand, special access rules and
> amenities become more and more common.
> These new keys are not only necessary for access tags, but also intended
> for use with any other kind of amenity like parking, shops, service,
> I wrote a proposal  to define common keywords for these vehicles.
> Please let me know your opinion and further suggestions!
> Tagging mailing list
> Tagging at openstreetmap.org
More information about the Tagging