[Tagging] [Talk-us] Trunk VS primary,

yo paseopor yopaseopor at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 18:39:19 UTC 2019

First problem for classifications is the reason of the classification. What
is this reason: administrative laws (with their political facts to keep in
mind) or physical conditions (the best for the performance of the vehicles
you would have in this road)?

Second problem is the reality of the country: If you are in the country
with the biggest budget in motorways you will be sure some secondary will
have two lane roads and bridges without crossings. If you are in a country
major part of your population will not have assured every day's meal main
road would be an asphalted road or sand track.

But the number of grade classifications are the same wherever you go: four
to six grades
(1-trunk,2-primary,3-secondary,4-tertiary,5-unclassified,6-track) .
My option would be a physical classification based on the state of the
country. Only motorway would be apart of this classification because a
motorway is the same here than in other countries.

Here in Europe you can find the administrative grades at the reference of
the road (N- ,Regional- , Province- in Spain; N-, D- in France; B , L in
Austria; ...).

In a country like Spain trunk would be a road with 100 km/h medium speed
and no crossings at the same level with restriction for cycles .
In a country like Zambia or Congo trunk would be the best conditions road
you can find in that country , so only local community people (or people
who live in that country) would know what are the best conditions you can
find in their country.
In a country like Spain unclassified would be the municipality asphalted
tracks, with no more than 3 meters width (for one car).
In a country like Zambia or Congo unclassified would be the worst condition
road you can find in that country (but not track), so only local community
people (or people who live in that country) would know what are the worst
conditions you can find in their country.

I know Spain because I am Spaniard and I travel through Europe , so I think
in the European Union things would be similar. Local communitters can
explain in this list what are the best and the worst conditions for the
roads in their countries and their opinion about the other grades. I don't
have any knowledge about Zambia or Congo so I think other people would have
more knowledge than I can have about their countries.

What are your opinions? What do you think?
Salut i mapes (Health and Maps)
yopaseopor