[Tagging] Public WLAN boxes

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 21:38:35 UTC 2019

On 30/12/19 21:31, bkil wrote:
> We have similar services to those, but I wouldn't map those. If you
> subscribe for a high enough tier of Telekom Internet, you get access
> to FON. If you subscribe to UPC and enable it on your modem, you get
> access to UPC Wi-Free.
>
> We must not map these because these are not hotspots of public interest.

If someone wants to map them they can. Not up to you or me to dictate
what can go into OSM.

It it easy enough to find some of them here .. most public phone boxes
have them together with visual signs to let you know of the service.
If you have meet the requirements then having the information in OSM
enables you to make your own map of the service.

Some think mapping private swimming pools should not be done. Yet in my
country these are used to fight fires and as such form a usefull public
emergency resource.

I suppose you don't map private houses, private farms, private roads
(driveways) etc etc...
There  many 'private' things already present in OSM.