[Tagging] Feature Proposal – RFC – natural=peninsula (Was: Feature Proposal – RFC – place=peninsula)

Markus selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 18:32:58 UTC 2019

On Sat, 2 Feb 2019 at 18:46, Dave Swarthout <daveswarthout at gmail.com> wrote:

> Leave the geometrical limit, that's up to you. However, I doubt anybody deciding about whether to use this tag would bother doing the math necessary to compute lengths using the 3/2 * sq rt of the area formula but, IMO, anybody who would map the West Coast of the United States as a peninsula is an outlier, and makes up only a tiny percentage of mappers. Anybody who's read through your descriptive text should be able to come to the appropriate conclusion.

I've removed the whole paragraph because i couldn't find any area at a
coast that could be mistagged as natural=peninsula. For the unlikely
case that someone uses natural=peninsula for coastal areas
nevertheless, i trust common sense that mappers will find a way to
solve this in discussions or retagging.

Regards

Markus