[Tagging] club=scout for similar organisations

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 23:54:21 UTC 2019

On Sat, 2 Feb 2019 at 22:57, Tom Pfeifer <t.pfeifer at computer.org> wrote:

> A club, being an association between people, is not a geographical entity.
>
> Thus I prefer tagging the physical entity, which is the club home, with
> amenity=community_centre

Not disagreeing Tom, but at least in our area, community centres are
(usually) owned & operated by the Council, & rented out to various groups
who don't have their own premises eg yoga classes, weight-loss groups,
religious groups, to hold meetings eg
http://www.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/community/mermaid-beach-community-centre-3377.html

However, things like the Scout hall or AAFC hut (in the grounds of the High
School) are theirs & theirs alone - nobody else has access to them, so I
don't think they would really count as a community centre

Thanks

Graeme