[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - building:soft_storey

Stefano Maffulli stefano at maffulli.net
Sun Feb 3 18:25:57 UTC 2019

On 2/3/19 3:13 AM, marc marc wrote:
> if the goal is to define the seismic quality of a building,

That's not the goal. The goal is to have an easy way to identify
buildings that are more likely to require attention in the immediate
aftermath of an earthquake.

> wouldn't it
> be better to have a more meaningful tag that allows to have more than a
> binary value?
> maybe prexifed with seismic_quality in stead of building in order to be
> able to extend this in the future to bridges or other critical objects
> if some contributors see an interest in it.
I mentioned this on the talk page: I think this can be valuable but it's
a separate project. Evaluating seismic quality of any structure needs to
be done by professionals.