[Tagging] A general problem: Co-ordinate sets vs. background informations

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 23:01:28 UTC 2019

I don't know what your trying to say here?

This looks to me like either ;

A) 'imported data cannot be changed'!
The problem with that is the imported data may be wrong, inaccurate of simply old.

B) 'imported data cannot be used'
The problem here is that OSM looses a valuable and large data source.
Yes it can be 'wrong', 'old' and/or 'inaccurate' but it does give a starting point for improvements.

Once in OSM it can be changed by anyone. Even fumble fingered me. Usually errors are picked up and corrected.
Even deliberate things that are wrong are picked up.