[Tagging] tree rows vs individual trees

Jarek PiĆ³rkowski jarek at piorkowski.ca
Sat Feb 9 17:04:43 UTC 2019

On Sat, 9 Feb 2019 at 09:23, Tom Pfeifer <t.pfeifer at computer.org> wrote:
> IMHO this violates the one object - one OSM element principle. Either I choose the coarser approach
> to map a way for the row, or I refine it to individual trees, but should not use the row anymore.

Hello,

My interpretation would be that a tree row and individual trees might
well be separate features, in the same way that several individual
building=university ways make up an amenity=university way or
relation, or individual buildings for an amenity=hospital.

(I previously saw this discussed in German in
https://www.openstreetmap.org/note/1159696 but it didn't end up
decisive)

--Jarek