[Tagging] man_made=storage_tank for open containers?

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 10 22:47:04 UTC 2019

Le 10.02.19 à 23:27, Warin a écrit :
> On 11/02/19 07:31, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>>> On 10. Feb 2019, at 09:45, Markus <selfishseahorse at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> According to the wiki, covered=no would signify that the storage tank
>>> isn't covered by something else, not that it isn't closed. Therefore
>>> my suggestion with open_top=yes (or maybe just open=yes).
>>
>> I would have imagined a man_made=storage_tank to be a closed
>> container, and would rather invent tags for open containers like
>> man_made=slurry_pit,
>
> Too specific. What about other open tanks. Perhaps
> man_made=open_storage_tank?

instead of creating a main tag value for each variety,
I am as often in favor of dividing things into categories.
if you are in front of a tank, man_made=tank
after, you can add (sub)tags describing :
- if a cover/roof exist or not
- if its use is storage or an industrial process (e.g. sewage treatment
plant basin)
- if the content is clean water, dirty, fuel, corn...
- if its underground, on the ground or half-half
- whether it is inside a building or outside

but not a man_made= value for every combinaison of all above.
not a
man_made=a-blue-semi-underground-concrett-tank-without-roof-but-inside-a-building-used-as
an-oxygenation-tank-in-a wastewater-treatment-plant :-)