[Tagging] StreetComplete 10 / foot=yes on residential

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 23:52:16 UTC 2019

> The question asked is "Is this street accessible for pedestrians here?".
> It doesn't ask for the user's opinion on how safe it is.

I believe this is the wrong question. It should be “Are pedestrians legally
prohibited from walking along this road?”

If so, use foot=no

Foot=yes should only be used for motorways and motorway_link roads,
bridleways and cycleways.

(and perhaps busways, railways? Though I can’t think of any that would
allow pedestrian travel)

If the road is tagged expressway=yes then foot=yes might also be needed.
All other classifications of road should be presumed to permit pedestrian
travel.