[Tagging] StreetComplete 10 / foot=yes on residential

Tobias Wrede list at tobias-wrede.de
Fri Feb 15 11:50:56 UTC 2019

Am 15.02.2019 um 12:35 schrieb Tobias Zwick:
> So, while a tag to denote that a road is rural does not exist (yet), I could filter out uninteresting roads using tell-tale tags.
>
> So, I could further filter out roads with..
>
> - lit != yes (so, also if lit is not set) to exclude most of the rural/undeveloped roads. For UK, it is not even tell-tale
>
> - motorway, motorroad anyway
>
> - any but paved roads
>
> - perhaps even only oneway roads?? (asking for input here) Because the cases I mentioned are in the majority oneway-lanes
>
> - perhaps also only ask for a sidewalk in the first place if the road is tagged as lit=yes? Asking for input.
>
> Tobias

So I just posted another mail at the same time you did. As far as I am
concerned roads that are most likely to merit a foot=no are

- all highway road types except tracks and except where foot=no is
regionally implied

- where there is no sidewalk

any that have one of:
- bridge=yes
- tunnel=yes
- ford=yes
- oneway=yes
- bicycle=no/private/...
- bicycle_road=yes (?) Not sure if there are countries where a
bicycle_road would forbit foot traffic in absence of sidewalks

you could also exclude highways that are part of a hiking route (might
be difficult with relations and might overdo it).

lit=* is to fuzzy in my opinion to be useful.

Tobias