[Tagging] Medicine Disposal

Markus selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 08:54:42 UTC 2019

On Sat, 16 Feb 2019, 00:59 Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com wrote:

> Would =drugs also apply to sharps bins for needle disposal?
>
> I would think they should have their own tag? (or is there one already
> that I just didn't see?)

I guess you usually aren't allowed to throw syringes in a drugs drop box or
to throw drugs in a syringes drop box. Therefore i think that separate keys
make sense. How about waste=syringes? (Imho you throw the whole syringe in,
not just the needle.)

For the unlikely case of a drop box for both drugs and syringes, these
values could be combined as waste=drugs;syringes.

Btw, i wonder why the wiki lists trash as a possible value for waste=*. Is
trash intended to be only used in combinations, such as
waste=trash;cigarettes? I've supposed that waste=trash is the default for
amenity=waste_bin and amenity=waste_disposal and thus doesn't have to be
added.

Regards

Markus