[Tagging] Public Transport Timetables Proposal RFC

Leif Rasmussen 354lbr at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 14:04:05 UTC 2019

> I didn't follow the discussion but this proposal is at least > helpful.
> Why not map xx:xx in the same route relation? Role
> examples:
> stop at 00:20, stop_exit_only at 03:45,
> stop_entry_only at 00:25-00:31, and for
> bus stops where the timetable is approximated (like in
> Brazil) use "~"
> for the usual times, examples: stop@~00:27-00:30,
> stop_exit_only@~00:46

That was actually what I had originally proposed. My role format was
stop:+00:32, though, which is only slightly different.  People in this list
noted that it would corrupt existing relation roles, so I redesigned the
proposal to have no effect on existing data.

I have since been trying to come up with other ways to encode this data,
including separate relations, tags on the bus stops, and additional tags in
the bus route relation. I have left those out of the current proposal,
though, to keep it simple.  Perhaps this is something that could be
proposed later.

Here is a link to the current proposal, which everyone with a wiki account
can now vote on:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Public_transport_schedules/Departures

Thanks for your enthusiasm,
Leif Rasmussen