[Tagging] Medicine Disposal

Markus selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 19:03:33 UTC 2019

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 at 19:07, Topographe Fou <letopographefou at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wiki suggests amenity=recycling + recycling:drugs=yes/no
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Drecycling

Thanks for the hint.

It might be that drugs that haven't reached their expiration date are
sorted out and recycled, but i don't think that expired drugs get
recycled as they likely get ineffective or even dangerous.

> If we choose to put it under 'waste' (instead of recycling) then I suggest to copy the recycling namespace schema and use waste:drugs= yes/no (or something similar) instead of creating something different for a similar use (i.e. waste=drugs).

I don't think that this is a good idea because (a) waste=* is already
used over 32,000 times (b) values in keys are considered problematical
by many and (c) i don't see a benefit in such a change.

Regards

Markus