[Tagging] StreetComplete 10 / foot=yes on residential

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 23:18:40 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

On 17. Feb 2019, at 23:49, Tobias Wrede <list at tobias-wrede.de> wrote:

>> this is oversimplified, you are indeed legally required to walk on the road even in the presence of sidewalks: if carrying big loads.
>
> Sure there are exceptions to every rule. We usually don't map that.

I did not mean to add tags just for the „exceptional“ case(1), but at least I would try to support it in my mapping: if you add foot=no to a road where pedestrian access is not legally restricted, as the conclusion of a supposed obligation to use the sidewalk, then I tell you it breaks the use case where you have the obligation to use the road as a pedestrian.

(1) actually this is not such a big exception, it’s the second sentence in the paragraph you cited and applies to everyone pushing or pulling vehicles, hand carts or carrying other big loads. Also, it is an obligation, not a „nice if they would, am only daydreaming“ desire.

Cheers, Martin