[Tagging] Sharps / syringe disposal

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 08:37:31 UTC 2019

I’m a physician. Sharps boxes are designed for safe disposal of all sharp
medical waste, whether a scalpel, needle or broken glass.

I asked a British doctor, and she confirms that “sharps” is also the
correct term in England.

Syringes are not sharp. It’s the needle (which may be attached to a
syringe) that is the issue