[Tagging] units and notations for maxstay

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 20 11:10:38 UTC 2019

Le 20.02.19 à 11:40, Colin Smale a écrit :
> so allergic to the idea of leveraging (how I hate that word...) existing
> standards

I wonder if it will soon be necessary to do an IQ test to contribute
to osm.
if a app says "encode the duration in ISO_8601 format", I wonder if 1%
of contributors are able to encode it without first reading the doc.
but if a app says "duration wihout any abreviation", filling "2 hours"
seems possible to everyone without error.
especially since the maximum duration for a parking is rarely 1 year 3
months 4 days 7 hours 17 min 24sec which eliminates a little bit the
interest of an iso designed for the most extreme situations