[Tagging] units and notations for maxstay

Sergio Manzi smz at smz.it
Wed Feb 20 13:55:14 UTC 2019

Maybe not a such bad idea, after all, but probably unfeasible.

Ever since technology has given us powerfull but potentially dangerous tools (/steam engine, cars, firearms, electricity, the radio, surgery, drugs, airplanes, etc, etc.../) society, conscious of the dangers associate to such tools, has correctly asked operators of such tools to be "able and conscious" and that to be certified through some agreed formal process.

And yes, I think maps too are powerful but potentially dangerous.

I wouldn't come so far to ask for a formal qualification, but the modicum of IQ and decency we should expect from mappers is what's enough to understand when one can honestly feel entitled to talk about something or perform a particular task.

Cheers,

Sergio