[Tagging] units and notations for maxstay

Jarek PiĆ³rkowski jarek at piorkowski.ca
Thu Feb 21 13:27:16 UTC 2019

On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 at 19:15, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
> OSM relies on the contributions of many people, most of them are not going to spend much time learn stuff - particular complicated stuff that they don't see in their day to day life.
>
> The complexity of things like the values of 'opening hours' mean it does not get used by many.
>
> OSM should try to make things as simple and easy as possible for the contribution of data.

We are all eagerly awaiting suggestions that would simplify
opening_hours syntax and still be unambiguously parseable. Or should
we just allow "Mon-Fri 10-3" and leave the data consumers to figure
out if that's a lunch place or a hip late dinner spot?

Or we can build editors with support for these formats. Few are
inserting raw XML into the database anymore, editors are involved
anyway.

--Jarek